Subject: Re: How to Multi boot window2000 & NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Johnson <mattj@3am-software.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/28/2001 11:47:56
At 07:33 PM 6/28/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 06:16:18PM +0900, B.G.Jung wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I made CD with i386cd.iso and install on my PC.
> >
> > 1) disk partitioning as following : total 30G disk
> > c: 10G : win2000
> > d: 20G : NetBSD
> >
> > 2) "boot.ini" file contents
> > [boot loader]
> > timeout=30
> > default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
> > [operating systems]
> > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
> > Professional" /fastdetect
> >
> > 3) Could anyone tell me what should I do to multi-booting win2000 & NetBSD?
>
>You have several solution, one of them is to install the NetBSD boot
>selector (the install system should give you this choise).
>It should also be possible to use Windows boot selector but I've never done
>it so I can't help.
>
>--
>Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>--

I am facing a similar problem. The NetBSD boot selector which I tried to
install with the installer did not work. I have setup OSBS so that I can
now boot NT (which is on the first disk). However I can only boot NetBSD
(which is on the second disk) with a diskette. I would like to be able to
boot NetBSD from a boot loader, such as OSBS. Any suggestions?

--
MattJ