Subject: Re: No sound with Brooktree TV card (Haupage WinTV)
To: Michael Neumann <neumann@s-direktnet.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/2001 08:45:56
Michael Neumann wrote
> Hi,
>
> I get no sound running "fxtv" (or "xmradio"), whereas the images are fine.
> Soundcard works correct, i.e. I can play MP3s with mpg123.
>
> Any hints?
>
> bktr0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
> bktr0: interrupting at irq 10
> bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44354 C121
> bktr0: Detected a MSP3415D-B3 at 0x80
> bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, msp3400c stereo, remote control.
> Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x11) at pci0 dev 10 function 1 not configured
> eap0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0: Ensoniq CT5880 CT5880C (rev. 0x02)
> eap0: interrupting at irq 11
> eap0: SigmaTel STAC9721 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Rockwell 3D
> audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
> midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

G'day,

check if you have a audio cable installed between the audio output of
the video/tuner card and the line input of the soundcard. Although
check that the input line isn't muted. You can check this with the
following command:

// check mute switch
mixerctl inputs.line.mute

// check volume
mixerctl inputs.line

Alternatively use a mixer application such as kmix etc.

Hope this helps

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes