Subject: Re: No sound with Brooktree TV card (Haupage WinTV)
To: Michael Neumann <neumann@s-direktnet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/2001 16:01:54
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Michael Neumann wrote:

> I get no sound running "fxtv" (or "xmradio"), whereas the images are fine.
> Soundcard works correct, i.e. I can play MP3s with mpg123.
>
> Any hints?
>
> bktr0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
> bktr0: interrupting at irq 10
> bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44354 C121
> bktr0: Detected a MSP3415D-B3 at 0x80
> bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, msp3400c stereo, remote control.
> Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x11) at pci0 dev 10 function 1 not configured

My card [1] doesn't have a tuner so I use a VCR. I have the sound out from
the VCR go directly into my sound in on my sound card.

Do you have an audio-out on your TV card that should be plugged in to your
line-in on your sound card?

I have also read that you can try using mixerctl to make sure your line-in
is not muted.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/

[1] My card:

bktr0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 10
bktr0: Warning - card vendor 0x127a (model 0x0165) unknown.
bktr0: Miro TV, <no> tuner.
Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x02) at pci0
dev 10 function 1 not configured