Subject: Re: what does cvs update status "P" mean?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/2001 10:45:24
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Nigel Reed wrote:

> You are correct, Samuel.
>
>        P file    The file has been patched to be in sync with the
>                  version in the repository.  Only a diff has been
>                  applied, in contrast to U, where the whole  file
>                  is fetched.

Thanks. My cvs manual page as installed by cvs-1.10 package does not have
this.

I am not using -current; I see that this exact "P" explanation was added
on April 9.
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/gnusrc/gnu/dist/cvs/man/cvs.1.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 07:16:11PM +0200, Samuel Hornus[Isobel] wrote:
> > In the 'update' section of the cvs man page, it is said
> > that P means the file has been Patched to the new version.

Maybe it needs to be submitted as a package patch or back to the original
cvs maintainers.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/