Subject: Re: what does cvs update status "P" mean?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Samuel Hornus\[Isobel\] <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/2001 19:16:11
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> When I did a cvs update in /usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr/ I received:
>
> P common_source/common.c
> P lpd/lpd.8
>
> But my CVS manual page only gives details on th characters `U A R M C ?'.
>
> What does the "P" indicate?

In the 'update' section of the cvs man page, it is said
that P means the file has been Patched to the new version.
PS: I haven't the man page righ under the eyes, can someone confirm that ?
PPS: It's strange for me to read such a question since I have loads of

P path/to/file

when I start a 'cvs update -dP' in /usr/src.
Perhaps did I misunderstand the question ?

--
Samuel.