Subject: Need help with disk partitions and mounting
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Milligan <wombat6926@home.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/24/2001 22:30:10
--------------53D295BF79DF805F219B93DD

Hello Everyone in BSD land.

I have an i386 system with one 14GB drive partitioned for netBSD 1.5.1,
Linux, and Win98 (groan).  I ran out of space on my netBSD partition so
I used partition magic to shrink my win98 partion by 2 GB.  I would like
to format this unused 2GB for use by netBSD but am unsure how to do this
??? I have read the man pages for disklabel, newfs and diskpart and am
now royally confused ??? I am unsure how BSD treats the disk and
partitions and what parameters are needed. And I am very afraid of
screwing up something.

How do I get BSD to read the partition info of the drive and find the
unused space, format it and mount it.

I would also like to mount the Fat32x and linux Ext2 partions so that
BSD can access them and I can use the linux emulation etc.

Could someone walk me thru this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--------------53D295BF79DF805F219B93DD

begin:vcard
n:Milligan;Mark