Subject: wskbd: how to use extra keys?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@jellonet.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/23/2001 18:14:31
Hi,

one of my computers has a (German) "multimedia" keyboard connected: it has
some additional keys. Via the xev program, I found that one of them generates
keycode 160, another one generates keycode 163.

Now I'd like to configure wskbd such that pressing the first key (keycode
160) swithes to screen 0 (what is usually done with Ctrl+LAlt+F1) while
pressing the second of these keys swithes to screen 1 (i.e. alias for Ctrl+
LAlt+F2).

What commands should I use for this? I read the man pages for wscons, wskbd,
wsconsctl, and wsconscfg, but I'm still not sure what to do.

TIA
    Ingolf