Subject: Re: Brooktree/video capture and streaming on NetBSD
To: None <sudog@sudog.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2001 13:47:00
sudog@sudog.com wrote

> So I've got fxtv working well and I'm watching tv in a window on my
> desktop--very cool, very impressive. But it seems to me the only video
> capture, compression, etc programs there are out there use Linux-only
> drivers.
>
> For example, ffmpeg opens up /dev/video (video4linux) and tries to
> read from there. How compatible is the Brooktree (/dev/bktr0) and what
> sorts of information has it got in there? Obviously if there's a
> bettre solution than monkeying around with ffmpeg's source I'd like to
> hear about it, since I don't think my mad skills are quite mad enough
> for this sort of monkeying.

I use "vid" to generate frames for my webcam page... A raw hack can be
downloaded from

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wulf/vid-1.0.1-nbsd-hack.tar.gz

With a bit of extra work it may be possible to create a video stream
if this is what you want.

Hope this help

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes