Subject: Brooktree/video capture and streaming on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/21/2001 08:36:22
So I've got fxtv working well and I'm watching tv in a window on my
desktop--very cool, very impressive. But it seems to me the only video
capture, compression, etc programs there are out there use Linux-only
drivers.

For example, ffmpeg opens up /dev/video (video4linux) and tries to
read from there. How compatible is the Brooktree (/dev/bktr0) and what
sorts of information has it got in there? Obviously if there's a
bettre solution than monkeying around with ffmpeg's source I'd like to
hear about it, since I don't think my mad skills are quite mad enough
for this sort of monkeying.

Thanks for your help;

Marc