Subject: NetBSD Newbie Question.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <zak@mode3.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2001 10:39:02
I'm running "NetBSD  1.5.1_ALPHA" on a Cobalt Cube 2.

NetBSD is installed and functioning in a basic sence.  I followed the
instructions to install pkgsrc
(http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html#setting_up_pkgsrc)
and attempted to install bash2 as my first package.  It errored out with
the following:

# make
===> Validating dependencies for bash-2.05
Your package tools need to be updated to 2001/03/06 versions.
The installed package tools were last updated on 2001/03/02.
Please "make install" in ../../pkgtools/pkg_install.

So I followed it's instructions:

# cd ../../pkgtools/pkg_install
# make install

It errored out with:

===> You need to have the 'text' set installed to build this package!

This has be a bit confused.  Am I looking at a chicken/egg problem?  Any
ideas, I'm sure I'm not the first person to experience this problem.

Thank you,

Zak L Brown

Systems Engineer
www.new.net
www.mode3.com
www.insulinmusic.com

--

Any expression of conciousness in calcules is basically bunk.