Subject: RPI modems?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Vijvers <woutje@chello.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2001 02:49:23
Hi,
Are RPI modems supported? I have an old Zoom 14.4 Ex that I want to use with
Hylafax (and _just_ for faxing/receiving faxes). If it's any help, its
response to ATI3 is "AFES - V1510b - Rockwell RPI (TM) MODEM Z201". I can't
find the chipset this modem is using other than that it is a Rockwell
chipset. "Faxaddmodem" detects it as a RC32ACL, which seems strange (I would
have guessed a RC144AC).

Can I disable RPI with AT commands and still have a reliable fax-service?

Thanks a lot for any pointers/help,
Wouter

"Dont listen to what you're hearing, listen to what's being said!"