Subject: Re: dhcp client configuration
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/2001 07:44:15
> Not quite sure if this is what you want, but here's what I do with a PPP
> interface.  My ipnat.conf doesn't specify the PPP IP address :
>
> 	map ppp0 192.168.13.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 2000:60000
> 	map ppp0 192.168.13.0/24 -> 0/32

So you don't need to specify a particular IP address?  I don't
understand how the proper address is made known.

> and when the interface comes up, I flush the NAT tables using :
>
> 	/usr/sbin/ipnat -F

Do you do this manually?  Or is this a line in /etc/rc.d/network, or
another startup file?  I'm not certain what it does, after reading the
ipnat man page.

I tried replacing the old IP address with what I know is my (current)
correct number, but routing still stops working after a while.  Could I
have neglected some step in converting from static to dynamic
addressing?  For example, do I still need /etc/myname and mygate?

Thanks for your help, even though I don't completely understand it :^)

Phil Brodd