Subject: Re: de0: unable to map device registers
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/2001 07:43:34
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 02:19:23PM +0200, Audun Arnesen Nordal wrote:
> >
> > The other (a Cogent PCI DEC 21040 10Mb) doesn't:
> > de0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0: unable to map device registers
>
> Try commenting out de* from your kernel and use:
>
> tlp*    at pci? dev ? function ?    # DECchip 21x4x (and clones) Ethernet
> options     TLP_MATCH_21040

Thanks for the tip, but after having banged my head to the wall for a few
hours trying misc. bios settings, I finally discovered that what it needed
was a very specific set of different bios settings to work. The mainboard
is quite old, so the PCI handling on it seemed a bit tricky. But it's up
now, and I'm happy :-)

Mvh

--
Audun Nordal