Subject: dhcp client configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/14/2001 21:39:49
I'm using a port-mac68k 1.5 machine as a router between my internal
network and an AT&T @Home cable modem.  The machine's external interface
had been using a static IP, but recently this started to fail
intermittently.  I decided to try setting it up to use dhclient instead,
but I think I misconfigured it.

When I first boot the machine, or bring it up from single-user mode,
routing seems to work, but after a while (sometimes a very short while),
the internal network is cut off from the outside world.  I can still
ping internal and external addresses from the router.

Sorry if I'm not supplying enough information.  All I have done is to
create an /etc/dhclient.conf containing the following:

interface "ae0" {
	send host-name "the client ID given me by AT&T"
}

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Phil Brodd