Subject: Re: ldiv problem
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2001 11:48:34
On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:27:48AM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:
> Thanks for a quick answer. My apologies for leaving out the platform
> info. It is NetBSD 1.5 on i386.
>
> How is lldiv? Is support for long long widespread?

lldiv(3) should be OK, because it was a bug in the i386 implementation of
ldiv(3) that was the problem, and lldiv(3) is implemented in C.

As for "long long" support, it's available on NetBSD, and the new C99
standard for C requires both "long long" support and the lldiv(3) function.
I also noticed that Solaris 2.6 (which is a couple of years old now)
also supports lldiv(3), so some other platforms have it.

Luke.