Subject: Re: ASUS K7M + G400 + X11 problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2001 17:32:32
Hi,

it seems the Matrox cards are a little bit sensitive to the
environment in general. You might try a lower AGP speed (1x). Be
shure to have the latest Bios. And as allways, have a good power
supply.

I had a K7M with G400 and a T-Bird 700 running X without
problems for some time, so it should not be a problem per se. I
used an Enermax PS, a good ventilated case, Global Win heatsink
with YS Tech fans and Tennmax heatsink/fan combos for the
northbridge and G400. This might be overkill, but I fear the heat ;),
but even my Performa lost some of its problems when I put a
heatsink and thermal tape to the 68040.

HTH

mike