Subject: Re: make of freebsd_lib package fails with bus error
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2001 15:09:13
On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 10:29:43AM -0700, Gerald C. Simmons wrote:
> I just sup'd pkgsrc, then did a make fetch-list | sh for the freebsd_lib
> package. Then I did make, and it crashed with a:
>
> Bus error - core dumped
> *** Error code 138
>
> I then ran around a bit, and did a make on another program (to make sure make
> was working.) Came back to /usr/pkgsrc/emulators/freebsd_lib and did make
> again. This time it got pretty far and Bus Err'd on the third invocation of
> install.

Sounds like a hardware problem. Your fan didn't die, did it? Have you
made any other changes? Gotten any power surges? Etc?
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994