Subject: 2+ keyboards, mice, and monitors supported by wscons?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ian K Erickson <ericksonik@lycos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2001 15:01:25
I've been (slowly) migrating myself from Windows to NetBSD and so far I've been having good luck with it, hardware-wise. I have a question that I haven't been able to find any for by searching the FAQs, docs, and list archives.

Will the wscons driver support 2 or more distinct consoles on separate keyboards, video and mouse? I have USB and PS/2 ports. I would like to connect 2 monitors, 2 mice, 2 keyboards to the machine, so that my wife and I can use it simultaneously. Of course, there's always dumb terminals, or another PC running minicom or X11. But I'm trying to consolidate. ;-)

X11 docs seem to indicate that for xdm and X, this is very possible. I just haven't been able to find much on how to set it up.

If it's possible, it'd make a great HOWTO. I've found an article on how to do it with Linux, but it requires a lot of kludges. I was hoping for something cleaner.

Thanks for NetBSD.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!