Subject: Re: CD Rom Driver
To: Hoke, Kimberly <Kimberly.Hoke@dbpr.state.fl.us>
From: Timothy A. Musson <Timothy.Musson@zin-tech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2001 17:26:55
Kimberly,

	Seeing as this is a mailing list for a non-Microsoft operating system,
I'm afraid we can't be of much help (the only reason this list showed up in
your search is because of a mis-directed question from long-long ago).

However, there are a few things to try:

1. Did you make an emergency boot disk? Find it, or try to borrow one. If
you don't know anybody with one, you may be able to borrow one from the
folks at your company's Help Desk, or even make one yourself at a local
library, Kinko's, etc. Make sure you make/use a boot disk from the same
version of Windows that you have at home (95, 98, ME, 2000, or whatever).

2. Since you're dealing with Microsoft Windows, concentrate your search
at www.microsoft.com.

3. You could contact Packard Bell about your problem.

4. As a last resort, you may be able to get help from the manufacturer of
the CD-ROM.

Good Luck.

-Tim

p.s. If you do more web searching, it's probably not worth your time to follow
any links affiliated with BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Unix, Linux, OS2, etc. These
are all non-Microsoft Operating Systems, and will not have information on
where
to find such drivers.