Subject: Re: find question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/05/2001 19:22:07
Hi,

> An empty (newly created directory) in NetBSD has a linkcount of 2. If
> it's filled, it's +2. The iso 9660 standard usually burns CD with a
> linkcount of 1.

Well, not really correct.  On standard ISO 9660 CDs there is no such
thing as a linkcount.  Our cd9660 filesystem just implements the stat
call in a way to return a linkcount of 1 for directories on a
standard 9660 CD without extensions.

As an analysis of the CD in question (Georges sent a dump of the
root directory my way) has shown, it does use Rock Ridge Extensions
and records a linkcount of 2 for the root directory despite the fact
that there are more directories on the CD.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH 	+49-228-985800