Subject: OT: domain registrars
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/01/2001 13:35:22
--wxIXENaY2CYUgF8u

I know this is off-topic, but I thought folks here might be able to
help:

I want to set up a domain for a friend who's not very technically
literate.  In the past, I could have send a message to
hostmaster@internic.net with her as the registrant and admin and
billing contacts, and me as the technical contact.  Then she'd get
billed and I could get the domain working.

Is this still possible?  Or has our Internet "advanced" to a point
where this isn't feasible anymore?  So far, all the registrants I've
looked at ask me for a credit card number before they ask for anything
important, like the nameservers or technical contact.

I wish I could wish Network Solutions out of existence, back to when
the NIC was *the* NIC.  Sigh...

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--wxIXENaY2CYUgF8u

--wxIXENaY2CYUgF8u--