Subject: Re: find question
To: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/01/2001 08:10:37
On 1 Jun 2001, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> Quoting Frederick Bruckman (31-May-01 01:17:48):
>
> > You were searching the device and not the mounted file-system?
>
> Couold you please explain this.

You posted this...

> Example:
>
>    find /mnt/cd0 -name syssrc.tgz
>
> This doesn't find syssrc.tgz. However it's on the CD.

However, that's not much of an example, as there's no result. The
other posters that tried to help you pasted exactly what they typed,
beginning with "mount", and exactly what came back. You never followed
their example, but just said "Oh, it works now". So frankly, I'm
thinking pilot error: maybe you there never was a CD mounted on
/mnt/cd0, or maybe you typed "find /dev/cd0a ..."? Whatever it was,
I'm sure you'll figure it out, in time.

Frederick