Subject: Re: mtv and linux emulation
To: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/28/2001 00:12:46
On Fri May 11 2001 at 16:41:16 +0200, Audun Arnesen Nordal wrote:

> Hi all.
> What's the trick to get MpegTV (mtv) going? I know there are a lot of pr's
> on it and that there are problems with the linux emulation, but I assume
> there is some way to get it working since it's still in (and recently
> updated in) pkgsrc.
>
> The symptoms are that once you start mtv, it will hang and consume 100%
> cpu, and only respond to kill -9. I run NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA as of May 2nd,
> btw.

I made a package based on the BSDi version. It's not perfect, but it
does work better than the linux version. I just never got around to
committing it for a reason or another.

You can find it in the state I left it half a year ago (ie.
functionality unknown) at
<http://www.iki.fi/pooka/NetBSD/mtvp-working.tar.gz>

Hope it's of some use.

--