Subject: compiler error
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Root <bema.letschert@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/01/2001 16:20:50
Hi to all members of the netbsd.org team.

I have successfully installed NetBSD on various ports like i386, pmax
and vax.
It seems to be a very useful OS and i plan to install it next on our
alpha ports.
But before i will do this, i have to dicuss and solve some problems.
One of these problems is to compile the "gcc". The compilation of gcc
on my i386 port with NetBSD-1.5 stop with the following assembler
messages:

_muldi3
_divdi3
_moddi3
_udivdi3
_umoddi3
_negdi2
_lshrdi3
_ashldi3
_ashrdi3
_ffsdi2
_udiv_w_sdiv
_udivmoddi4
_cmpdi2
_ucmpdi2
_floatdidf
/var/tmp/ccGQeoR7.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp/ccGQeoR7.s:131: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
gmake[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/ext_packages/SOURCES/gcc-2.95.3/gcc'
gmake: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
bash-2.04#

Does somebody have any idea to fix this problem?

Manfred Letschert