Subject: Re: installation of 1.5
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2001 00:23:35
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:16:06PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> The size "240640" was chosen so that exactly five would fit on a 1.2mb
> floppy, and exactly six would fit on a 1.44mb floppy. You could make
> the floppies with less collataral brain damage by choosing a size
> that's closer to one per floppy, like "1443840", or slightly less.

That's true, However: sysinst knows how many parts a set has
only if you use the 240640 size. Otherwise it will get confused.
Ugly, I know, but that's how it's currently done.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/