Subject: Re: Installation problems
To: None <dave.power@gte.net>
From: sL <lacas@logique.jussieu.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2001 09:24:20
On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 dave.power@gte.net wrote:

Hi,

> Any suggestions on how to get either gnome or kde to work?  X-windows and
> most othere packages have added ok (widowmaker did not, but fvwm was good).

Well, strange. I'm no expert of KDE or gnome, so I cannot help you a lot.
All I can say is that the "gdk-something" seems to be found on the NetBSD
package collection:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/graphics/gdk-pixbuf-gnome/README.html

> One other strange happening, the command "export" cannot be found...

I suspect that you are not running the correct shell ("bash"?),
if you're running "csh", the right command is "setenv".

Hope this helps,

sL
----
Excuse my french...it's my mother tongue.