Subject: Re: trouble patching xntpd
To: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/06/2001 22:07:28
Audun Arnesen Nordal wrote:

> I finally got the patch through (had to pass an -l parameter to patch).
> Now I have the netbsd-1-5-RELEASE tag of basesrc (and a patched
> ntp) checked out into /usr/src. How do I compile and install *only* ntp,
> i.e. without having to rebuild/reinstall the entire userland?

You can go straight to the ntp directory and start there:

	cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ntp
	make clean
	make dependall
	make install

The "make clean" is probably unnecessary, but is there just to make
sure.

> Also, just out of curiosity: I checked basesrc out from
> anoncvs.netbsd.org. Why doesn't ntp_control.c get updated from 1.1.1.2 to
> 1.2 when I do a 'cvs up'? Should I specify a tag differing from
> netbsd-1-5-RELEASE?

The tag "netbsd-1-5-RELEASE" will only ever point the 1.5 itself.  To
get the latest code on the 1.5 branch, you need the tag "netbsd-1-5"
instead.  To remove all tags, use "cvs update -A" instead - this will
get you NetBSD-current.

instead.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/