Subject: Re: best way to speed up "vi"
To: Ras-Sol <ras-sol@usa.net>
From: Timothy A. Musson <Timothy.Musson@zin-tech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/03/2001 15:04:08
Check out your /tmp directory.  You should find a directory called something
like "vi.recover". Take a look at the files in there. If you don't need any
of them,
delete them and your machine will not hang there for so long (btw, you can
CTRL-C when it's "recovering vi editor sessions" to skip that). I would assume
that using vi's recover feature would also alleviate the problem, but I've
never
used it. This situation happens when a terminal is closed in which vi is
editing
a file (or if you kill a vi process that has a file open).

-Tim

--
Timothy A. Musson
NASA's John Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field