Subject: Re: RAIDFrame trouble with reconstructing disks
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/31/2001 22:42:55
Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca> writes:

>You've run into a bug in 1.5 that is (supposed to be) fixed in -current
>and in (what will be) 1.5.1.  After you do the "-R", do a
>
>  raidctl -I 123456 raid0

thanks for the quick answer, Greg (I'm rather glad that the bug
is identified and fixed already :).
I'll use the workaround for the 1.5 box.

>[BTW: Nice to see RAIDframe in use on a production box... and sorry about
>the bug :-/ ]

the machine is primary MX and pop3-Server for ca. 900 users, I haven't
had any problems up to now with raidframe, even not with soft updates
(option softdep) on top of it although I've disabled this now since I've
experienced a softdeps related crash on a different 1.5 machine.

mkb