Subject: Re: USB keyboard: ``sticky'' key.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/27/2001 09:57:59
In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0103270306290.43401-100000@tesla.eecs.ukans.edu>, Ric
hard Rauch writes:
I have an MS ``wave'' keyboard.  It's supposed to be a PS/2 keyboard, but
>it comes with a little PS/2<->USB adaptor, and is billed as supporting
>both USB and PS/2.

It's working as a PS/2, I suspect.

>The motherboard is a VIA-based motherboard that I bought last August.

I have had a problem somewhat like this with a VIA board; my experience was
that, after a boot, the first key I hit would repeat about eight times, then
the keyboard would wedge, I'd get pckbc errors... and nothing would happen
until such time as I unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in.

I just swapped the board, I didn't feel like troubleshooting.  I did *not*
get a VIA to replace it.

-s