Subject: problem mounting lfs fs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/27/2001 10:39:41
Hi,

I wished to use lfs on the tmp fs.
So i edited disklabel -e wd0 and changed the entry for
g  .... ..... 4.4LFS  1024 8192 7 ......
I only changed the 4.2BSD to 4.4LFS and had to change cpg/sgs to 7
for he didnt like 16.
After that i went to single user mode and did newfs_lfs /dev/rwd0g
Seemed to work fine, then i changed the /etc/fstab
to /dev/wd0g /tmp lfs rw 1 2
I only changed ffs to lfs.
Then i rebooted, yes yes a stupid way indeed to mount your disks :)
I came into single user mode becuase automatic check of /tmp
didnt work out, incorect superblock etc and it told me to do
fsck_lfs wd0g by hand.
So i did that and i specified no backup from superblock etc
and it finished, however, it kept reporting the same errors.
Furthermore i tried to mount_lfs /dev/rwd0g /tmp
and it told me to specify device block.
So manual mounting didnt work either.
I assume i forgot some things?
Any hints?