Subject: Re: recovery help
To: Mark Hattarki <gandhiji@swbell.net>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/25/2001 12:48:43
> is also my DNS, and mail server) lost power. It was a netbsd machine with an
> uptime of 150 days or so...grr.
>
> Anyway, something got hosed and now, when the machine boots up the bios
> complains about an invalid partition table. I dunno if something in the MBR
> was trashed or what. I booted with a dos disket and the dos version of fdisk
> could see the 2 partitions on the disk.
>
> Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone might now what the problem is. Also, if
> there is a netbsd equivilant of tom's rootboot available.

So the bios is complaining about the partition table??
Could you plz try if you can boot netbsd with a netbsd bootdisk?
boot wd0a:netbsd if its the first harddisk and ide and (x86).
Its important to know whether that still works or not.

Or is the bootmanager (if you have one) in bad shape or ?
Bye,

Mipam.