Subject: Re: Strange routes showing up under 1.5
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: None <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/2001 05:06:39
On 19 Mar 2001, Laine Stump wrote:

> Redirects are a *good* thing, not a bad thing (although it would be
> even better if you had correct routes to begin with), at least when
> compared to simply ignoring them without fixing your routing table.

Oh, absolutely, I'm not debating that.  My problem is that I don't know
why they are there.  The network is _very_ simple - one gateway, that's
it.  If there were strangenesses, I'd think it would come from my back end
networks, but they're all 192.168.x.x...

I understand the what, I want to know why.

[snip]

> Anyway, more on to specifics - either your local network has more than
> one gateway to other subnets, or you've set the default route
> incorrectly. Verify the correct settings with your local network
> admin.

There's only one gateway here.  Only way in or out.  I find it strange
that something, somewhere, for some reason has redirected certain routes
to one of my own boxes, that's all... I'd love to find out whom without
setting up tcpdump or such, so I guess I'll try an ipf log.

Thanks!

-Jon