Subject: Re: Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <chris@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/2001 15:14:07
Patrick Welche wrote:

> > But am I right if I think the card is actually said to be supported?
[...]
> so from the code, I would say "yes".
>
> Random observation: I couldn't get a Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10 RE-10 to
> work (had to return the laptop before getting anywhere) essentially because
> it probed as some sort of CreditCard ethernet - ie. it was returning exactly
> the same manufacturer and product ids as the other Xircom product..

Hm, this all sounds somehow strange to me. What's wrong with my card
or my laptop? And am I able to resolve the problem at all?

BTW: Another thing I noticed is that the adapter's [1] LEDs are off, even
the one for "power" (the adapter was working perfectly with MS
Windows 98 before, though).

Greets,
Chris.

[1] I'm using the 10Base-2 adapter with the CreditCard.
--
Christoph Leuzinger

                              Student at Kantonsschule Schaffhausen, Switzerland
                                           <URL:http://www.westworks.ch/~chris/>