Subject: Re: Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6
To: Christoph Leuzinger <chris@westworks.ch>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/17/2001 15:36:06
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:28:02PM +0100, Christoph Leuzinger wrote:
> At least it[1] boots :) And it gives some different information, too:
>
>         pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
>         pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
>
> But that's all, no NIC detected.
>
> But am I right if I think the card is actually said to be supported?

according to sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs:

product XIRCOM CEM33            0x110b Xircom CreditCard Ethernet + Modem 33

and in if_xi.c:

        { PCMCIA_VENDOR_XIRCOM,         0x1144,
          0,                            XIFLAGS_MODEM,
          PCMCIA_STR_XIRCOM_CEM33 },

so from the code, I would say "yes".

Random observation: I couldn't get a Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10 RE-10 to
work (had to return the laptop before getting anywhere) essentially because
it probed as some sort of CreditCard ethernet - ie. it was returning exactly
the same manufacturer and product ids as the other Xircom product..

Cheers,

Patrick