Subject: Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <chris@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2001 19:20:01
Hello,

I'm currently trying to install NetBSD/i386-1.5 on my Compaq Armada
1590DT laptop. I've got a Xircom PCMCIA card for it:

     Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6

Now the kernel shipped for installation on laptops (install floppies
from bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs) won't detect the card. As I'm
planning to install via FTP this is quite annoying.

The kernel detects the cardbus[1]:

	cardbus1 bus2 ... (that was too fast :)
	pcmcia1 at cardbus1

I'm expecting the kernel to find xi0 or something, but it doesn't.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Chris.

[1] BTW: is there any possibility to preserve the kernel output? I
    can't find any dmesg while installing.
--
Christoph Leuzinger

                              Student at Kantonsschule Schaffhausen, Switzerland
                                           <URL:http://www.westworks.ch/~chris/>