Subject: Re: "syntax" error at startup with route/ifconfig binaries.
To: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Shiva Shenoy <shiva_s@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2001 14:07:19
Turned out to be "statically vs dynamically linked"
thing.  The tool chain was slightly different
as I had made some changes to it.

statically linking solved the problem.

# file /sbin/route
/sbin/route: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not
stripped
# file /sbin/route.orig
/sbin/route.orig: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel
80386, version 1, statically linked, stripped

----
Thanks
Shiva