Subject: telnetd and remote login
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Johnson <adamjapan@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2001 19:18:27
I'm very new to BSD and just set up a NetBSD NAT "box" for my cable
connection.  I'm trying to learn more about accessing the machine remotely
but can't find much info on NetBSD's site.  So far, I've tried allowing
telnetd to boot up in the inetd.conf file, but when trying to log on
remotely I get the message that "root login refused on this terminal".

Am I going about this the wrong way?  Is telnet the best way to access this
machine?  Where can I get information concerning these questions?  Any help
is much appreciated!!!!!!!!