Subject: Re: Problem Installing pth-1.3.6
To: None <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2001 09:54:22
> I am trying to install pth-1.3.6 on my NetBSD/i386 box. However,
> pkg_add fails with the error message:
>
> Package 'pth-1.3.6' conflicts with 'pth-current-*'

Just yesterday I tried to install pth-1.3.7 from pkgsrc on NetBSD1.4.2,
and it failed completely, as did the whole databases/gtksql package.

It compiled and installed without a single error when done manually, so
I have absolutely no idea where the problem lies.  If you're in a hurry,
doing it by hand might be an option.  To get pth to compile, I had to
use the bind libraries and headers; again, not sure why.

HIH.

henry