Subject: getting 2 NIC's to work
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas Egan <degan@calcon.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/2001 14:55:23
I am trying to attach my V1.5 box on 2 networks.
Both NIC cards (3C905 and 3C509) both are active according to
link lights and ifconfig.

I can use ex0 (3C905) on net A, and can telnet into box via net
A.  However I cannot ping anything on the net B side.

Even without routing tables set up, I thought that I should at the least be
able to ping each interface from a machine on the same net.

When each interface is "UP" by itself, and with either Net A or B address configured,
pings work.  However I can't get both to work at the same time.

Probably missing something basic in net configuration.

thanks,

Doug Egan