Subject: Re: using grub to boot netbsd
To: None <frank@lugh.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2001 22:03:58
On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 05:34:11PM +0100, Frank Lingott wrote:
> No,i didnīt.The problem is that the system doesnīt come up after install.
> It blocks the computer.Netbsd is on the second disk,after install the system
> reboots,the hd-controller lists the first disk and thatīs all.There is no way to
> boot a floppy.I had to connect the second disk instead of the first disk on
> the controller to make a bios-hd-format.This was the only was to make it
> work again.Strange,isnīt it?

Can be a problem with geometry. When installing, try to enter
1024/16/63 as BIOS geometry (instead of accepting the proposed one), and also
enter these values in BIOS as well.
This mean your boot partition has to be in the fisrt 512MB (and I assume
your disk is larger than 512MB of course :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>