Subject: Re: how to print / BIOS setting for the parallel port mode
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/2001 15:29:33
> What's needed to get a printer (Canon BJ F850) connected to the parallel

Okay, it seems I made the worst possible choice of printer.  I have gotten
printing itself to work, but using a mid-1980s line printer and an early
PS printer.  Changing my question, is anyone using one of these new color
bubble-jet Canon printers?  What's needed to get it to print?  Specific
printcap examples appreciated.

> settings for the parallel port mode: "PS/2 Bi-Directional," "ECP Bi-
> Directional," "EPP Bi-Directional," and "Compatible."  Which of these modes

Thanks, Tyler, for the recomendation to use ECP.

henry nelson