Subject: Re: Samba's smbclient and NetBSD's find
To: None <chris@cjones.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2001 13:28:28
> Except you'd be better off with quotes:
>                                 "ls -1 \"%s\" > %s",p,tmpname);
>
> This will break if the filename pattern has quotes in it, but that's
> no worse than the original code.
>
> Can you send-pr this?

FYI:

This type of issue is why i suggested the shquote() and shquotev()
functions recently on tech-kern.

Hopefully I'll get them wrapped up and into the source tree soon,
which should help with things like this going forward.

I wouldn't mind if other projects or software packages actually pick
up the interfaces (as long as they work the same 8-) or the
implementation...

chris