Subject: Re: Serious trouble with IPF
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/08/2001 17:43:19
On 08-Maa-01, Frederick wrote:

>> I just checked, BTW, ipmon once I noticed I still have logging
>> enabled, but it contained no entries for today and yesterday.
>> Although, is there a limit for logged packets in /dev/ipl?
>
> Probably because your "block in quick" (no "log") overrides the "block
> in log" at the top of the file.

The "block in quick ..." overrides the "log" only in case a packet
comes from one of those invalid addresses. The "log" is active for such
packets that come from anywhere else than an invalid address to
130.232.140.1.

I had two days full of blocked packet information and then it all
just ended.

--
Arto Huusko  --  WWW: http://maailma.yok.utu.fi/
                  ** Divecalc **