Subject: Re: NIS and NFS, part 2
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/08/2001 16:10:20
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 08:48:26AM +0100, Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
> >=20
> > I need to connect to a SGI file server via NFS with a NetBSD-1.5 system=
=2E
> >=20
> > When I do a=20
> >=20
> > =09mount_nfs tera:/user /user
> >=20
> > there is no error message but when I do a "ls -l /" I get
> >=20
> > =09ls: user: Permission denied
> >=20
> > I also can't umount this volume as root and a df is showing only the lo=
cal
> > file systems.
> >=20
> > Also as user I can't chdir to my directory on the server.

> Did you try a 'tcpdump -p -s 500' on the client to see what's happening ?

I will send the outputs of tcpdump and the core (135k) to everyone who's
interested.

I started tcpdump then mounted the volume and did a "cd /user" as root
(tcpdump.root) and as registred user (tcpdump.user) who should be allowed
to change to that directory. After "cd /user" I got a core dump. I
included the one happended during "tcpdump.user".

some hosts:

scorpius:       NetBSD-1.5/macppc NFS client
tera:           NFS server
lego:           NIS server
sun0:           DNS server

=09Greetings
=09J=FCrgen Tritthardt
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg