Subject: plex86
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/2001 22:40:19
Is it possible to run plex86 (pkgsrc/emulators/plex86) as an
unpriveledged user?  I can run it as root, but as myself I get the
following message:

     Processing command-line options
     Opening VM (/dev/plex86)
     Did you load the kernel module?  Read the toplevel README file!
     open: Operation not permitted

The same thing happens if I change the permissions on /dev/plex86 to
666.  What file cannot be opened?

Also, is there any way for plex86 to access a real MSDOS disk
partition?  For example, in the config file can I point the drivec at
a raw disk device corresponding to an MSDOS partition?  Or must
everything be contained within a file image of a disk?

Finally, there seems to be a dearth of documentation for setting this
up and using it.  Any pointers to useful information are welcome.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Brook