Subject: Laptop/PCMCIA support?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ric Messier <kilroy@WasHere.COM>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/06/2001 13:09:36
Hi,
        I've been having problems with getting NetBSD on my Compaq Armada
laptop. If I do it standalone with my PCCard 3COM NIC (think it's a Vortex
though the number seems to have been inherited from MegaHertz), the
netcard isn't detected. At all. Anywhere. Same problem with OpenBSD and
FreeBSD (though I seem to think I had it working with OpenBSD 2.6 or 2.7).
        If I try to install in the docking station, it detects two IDE
buses (one in the dock and one in the laptop) and proceeds to bail into
debug. Apparently, two IDE buses is not a reality in the NetBSD world?
        If anyone has had any experience getting NetBSD to recognize a
3COM NIC with NetBSD, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Ric