Subject: Regarding Groups
To: netbsd-help@NetBSD.org <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/2001 10:33:56
Hi,

Suppose I have three groups 'btech96", "btech97", and "btech98" each of 50
students each in /etc/group.  Now, I want to make a new group called
"Students" which should include all the members of the above 3 btech
groups.

If I were to simply add "students:*:1005:btech96,btech97,btech98" to that
file, I don't think it would work (I tried that, and even the manpage says
that group members must be users).  What then is the general proceedure to
do something like this ?

... simply cut and paste all the members of the three btech groups into
students, AND make sure I always add any new member to students also, or
is there anything else (hopefully) ?  (BTW, in case the only way is to cut
and paste, is there any limit on the maximum nr of users in a particular
group ?).

Thanking you.
Regards.
__