Subject: Re: sh: builtin function trap
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/2001 14:21:30
Charles M. Hannum wrote

> > kdbg-1.2, a kde wrapper to dbg, uses literals as shown above.
> > Is there any reason why NetBSD never implemented this?
>
> Because you didn't write the code yet?  B-)

Well, thats why I've asked for the specifications... implementations
withouth substantiated reasoning will ALWAYS hit a brickwall with
other developers...

> > It wouldn't be a hard thing to do. Is there a specification that
> > describes the requirements and the expected behavior for this sh and
> > in particular for the builtin trap function?
>
> Dunno.  I'd check POSIX; they were certainly keen on having kill(1)
> accept names, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had something to say
> about sh(1).

Yep, kill was the other application that was on my mind. Will checkout
POSIX tonight... thanks for your info..

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes