Subject: libdl and building ogg vorbis
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2001 12:41:44
I am trying to build an ogg vorbis decoder/player.

Currently I am trying to configure vorbis-tools-1.0beta. (I already built
libvorbis, libao, and libogg.)

My config.log has:

 configure:1897: gcc -o conftest  -I/usr/local/include
 -I/usr/local/include
 -L/usr/local/lib/ -L/usr/pkg/emul/linux/  conftest.c  -L/usr/local/lib -lao
 -ldl 1>&5
 /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ldl: No such file or directory
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 configure: failed program was:
 #line 1887 "configure"
 #include "confdefs.h"

 #include <stdio.h>
 #include <ao/ao.h>

 int main() {
  return 0;
 ; return 0; }

What is this libdl? (I know it is a dynamic linker library.)

I do have it in my Linux directory. I read that NetBSD doesn't have
libdl. I searched via google's usenet search (old dejanews); I didn't
search via the netbsd mail-index -- it was broken.

Any ideas on how can I workaround this libdl problem?

(I still need to look at closer at the FreeBSD port of it; but it doesn't
seem to have any reference/patch for the -ldl so I guess it uses it.)

(This is 1.5.1_ALPHA i386.)

Anyone else use ogg vorbis under NetBSD?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/